Thursday, March 24, 2011

PMS

Yesterday I felt kind of off. Like something was missing, but more ambiguous. It was strange; to paraphrase Mark Beaty I wanted to be alone but actually felt lonely and wanted to be with people, but when I was with people I just felt like I wanted to be alone.. If that makes any sense. I just wasn't feeling like myself so after going swimming with Kirill for like an hour I read all day long.

I found Augusten Burroughs' memoir, Running With Scissors, and read it. Normally it takes me at least a few days to read a book, but I was just so not motivated to read Beloved (for school) that I devoured Running With Scissors. I don't know if I'm a fast reader or if I just read a lot.

I have a zit. It sucks. And I'm surrounded by women who hate their bodies, and constantly talk about dieting, working out, and changing them. At first it just seems like they want to be healthy but after a while the talk becomes like a virus, and I'm worried it's starting to infect me. How do you console others without starting to face their problems as your own?

1 comment: